Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery em`s shoulderboards.

Hi.

These look well worn but are they original?

Thanks
    DeMil
    Attached Files

Backside
    Attached Files

Comment

I would pass, the look newly made from the wrong materials, IMHO

Comment

I have seen many "private purchase" shoulder straps in my time and these seem fit in that catagory, though I'm not a fan of how thay are sewn.

Steve

Comment

They like they have been "aged" with a pair of pliers I do not think they are okay.

Comment

I had my dubt and got in confirmed here

DeMil

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
              I will play devil's advocate here. In my opinion, they look like typically seen custom tailored straps. The piping material is NOT the type I have seen reproduced. Personally, I prefer issue stock for my own collection, but I think these are legit, nevertheless.
              Thank you,
              Curtiss

Comment

i agree with Curtiss, private purchase mobilization boards.

Originally posted by nonameno View Post
                Hello Gentlemen,
                I will play devil's advocate here. In my opinion, they look like typically seen custom tailored straps. The piping material is NOT the type I have seen reproduced. Personally, I prefer issue stock for my own collection, but I think these are legit, nevertheless.
                Thank you,
                Curtiss

Comment

Just ask yourself, if original, then why the 3rd rate aging effort of cutting the waffenwarbe. Just a thought.

Comment

Fake straps, IMO

Comment

Try to explain how that damage could occur without destroying the board of it was a tear etc. It actually looks liek you can see the impressions from the head of a pliers around both areas of damage. Hit the wool with an electric razor and you have beer money for a weekend in Riga. IMO it has been cut intentially in an attempt to make it look like mothing.

Comment

Greetings All,

I also agree with Curtiss and Jerry! I believe that they are original tailor-made shoulder boards.Who knows the how or why of the damage but I believe the boards are good.

Fred

Comment

Even beyond the damage the piping looks synthetic, I will stand fast on this one, IMO they are are repros.

Comment

Greetings All,

This is what makes this forum great; we can agree to disagree!!

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                              Greetings All,

This is what makes this forum great; we can agree to disagree!!

Fred
                              Okay, but when you get hit in the back of the head with a tomato at the St. Paul show just remember your quote

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X